TBI – Program Manager
The Mazumdar Shaw Medical Foundation was started in 2014, with the belief that only a will, highly motivated by compassion can direct science towards intelligent innovations that convert today’s expensive medical discoveries into affordable solutions. To make this possible, a strategy was developed to seamlessly incorporate a high-tech hospital with translational research facilities, medical outreach & compassionate care programs and technology development capabilities, into a highly interactive ecosystem. The idea is to create a new hospital culture where every health-worker has ready access to resources for guided innovation at multiple levels. The Mazumdar Shaw Medical Center (MSMC), a unit of Narayana Health, with the Mazumdar Shaw Center for Translational Research (MSCTR), Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Outreach Program (MSCOP) and the Technology Business Incubator (TBI) are the current 4 pillars of the Mazumdar Shaw Medical Foundation. This ecosystem is providing a unique opportunity for bridging medical practice with research, sociology & economics, technology and medical design.
In June 2015, the Mazumdar Shaw Medical Foundation in lieu of the translation research facilities infrastructure being setup was conferred upon the TBI status by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. Following which in July 2019, we were conferred upon the BIONEST status by BIRAC, Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. This recognition allowed the infrastructure the support system to both in-house clinicians and external entrepreneurs to setup the enterprise path for their research ideas emerging from a clinical need. Our Mission is to be a powerful interactive environment for sensitising entrepreneurs and scientists to the everyday challenges faced by highly accomplished clinicians and educate healthcare personnel to identify and leverage opportunities emerging in engineering sciences.
We are currently looking for a candidate to lead the initiative and be responsible, primarily for achieving the objectives and goals of the MSMF Technology Business Incubator in a sustainable and growth-oriented manner. S/he will be the prime interface for entrepreneurs and responsible for managing the operations, planning, marketing and development of MSMF TBI. This position requires a team player with proven leadership qualities, excellent marketing & organization skills with a professional attitude.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will be completely responsible for leading the TBI operations. This would be inclusive of the following:
* Overall planning the activities, resources and operations of the Incubator
* Create Incubation plans and implement them, assist in writing business plans, keep track of the Incubation process, help the incubatees prepare proposals for getting funding etc.
* Plan various workshops/events/conferences for the Incubator
* Develop the mentor network for the incubator and work with them to make the incubated venture successful
* Forge partnerships with other organizations for providing services to the incubatees or the incubator, liaison with the government and industries
* Marketing the Incubator and actively promote it through various channels
* Partnerships with angle investors and venture capitalists
* Managing the TBI team and facilities
* Advisor to Incubatees on few key functions (based on the CEO’s background & Expertise)
* Manage the TBI with stringent financial practices as per the policies and guidelines of DST & BIRAC
* Co-ordination with clincians and growing the network
* Complying with all regulatory requirements
* Any other activities which requires the CEO’s involvement
Requirements Knowledge of
1. Business incubation programs
2. Startup Ecosystem
3. Venture Capital and Angel investing
5. Research methods
6. Public relations
7. Program coordination
8. Intellectual Property Law
Essential First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Science/Arts/Management/Commerce
The candidate should have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience at senior level
Experience in Leadership Position in a business Incubator or Experience of starting/owning/operating and/or managing a business/startup
Master’s Degree in Business Administration from a Government recognized Institute/University