Stem cell-based stroke management program
Dr. Debprasad Dutta, MRSB, PhD.
Dr. Debprasad Dutta (Deb) recently gained the role of a Research Scientist at Mazumdar Shaw Center for Translational Research (MSCTR). He has received his Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Human Genetics from the National Institute of Mental Health & Neurosciences (NIMHANS), an Institute of National Importance (INI) and his PhD sponsored by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). His Doctoral research on the subject of neuroscience specifically focused on neuroimmunogenetical understanding of Guillain-Barré syndrome. He also worked at the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom as a Commonwealth Scholar for a year with Prof. Tom Solomon. He is a recipient of CSIR-UGC NET lectureship cum JRF, AWSAR Award from DST-India, Developing Country Award from American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) and more. Dr. Deb enjoys translational neuroscience from his heart. He has made articles, book chapters and grant proposals in hi field of interest. He has been invited as a peer reviewer in the BMC Neurology journal. In MSCTR, he primarily works on ‘stem cell-based stroke management program’, a collaborative flagship initiative between Mazumdar Shaw Medical Foundation (MSMF) and Narayana Health (NH). He researches in close partnership with neuroclinical team of NH. The aim of his current research is to develop mesenchymal stem cells for autologous cytotherapy in stroke.
- Dutta, D., Debanth, M., Seshagiri, DV., Sreekumaran Nair, BV., Das SK., Wahatule., R, Sinha, Ravi, V., Taly, AB., Nagappa.M,.*(2022) Impact of antecedent infections on the antibodies against gangliosides and ganglioside complexes in Guillain-Barré syndrome: A correlative study. Annals of IAN (ISSN: 1097-4598) 25(3):401-406.
- Dutta, D., Nagappa., M, Sreekumaran Nair, BV., Das SK., Ravi, V., Taly, AB., Debnath, M.* (2022) Variations within Toll-like receptor (TLR) and TLR signaling pathway-related genes and their synergistic effects on the risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome. J Peripheral Nervous System (ISSN: 1529-8027). 27(2):131-143.
- Hasan, CM.*, Dutta, D.; Nguyen, ANT. (2021) Revisiting Antibiotic Resistance: Mechanistic Foundations to Evolutionary Outlook. Antibiotics (ISSN: 2079-6382), 11 (1):40.
- Dutta, D, Debnath, M., Nagappa, M., Das, SK, Wahatule., R, Sinha, S., Taly, AB., Ravi, V.* (2021) Antecedent infections in Guillain-Barré syndrome patients from south India. J Peripheral Nervous System (ISSN: 1529-8027). 26(2):145-238.
- Dutta, D. Wahatule, R., Debnath, M., Nagappa, M.*, Mahadevan, A., Sinha, S., Sundaravadivel, P., Rao, U., Periyavan, S., Binu, V., Rao, S. and Taly, A. B. (2020) Ganglioside complex antibodies in an Indian cohort of Guillain‐Barré syndrome, Muscle & Nerve (ISSN: 1097-4598). Wiley, 62(6),728–734.